Just a hyped news story - I had a 2016 maxima - received three recall notices for the problem - never had the leak described nor any warning light - they do have a fix for the problem and one thing I can say about Nissan is they actually recall and fix problems - but the owner has to first take the car into the dealer. All manufactures have problems look at ford- how many f150s have spontaneously combusted? Chrysler had an issue with the 2.8 liter v6 - I had one of those gems a 2000 intrepid. at 32000 miles it was leaking coolant into the oil - had all the maintenance done at a dodge dealer with all the maintenance records in hand and Chrysler told me - I failed to have it properly serviced at a dealer and would not honor the warranty - my friend the dealer was floored at the response and was told point blank not to raise the issue again. I joined a class action suit against Chrysler for the 2.8 that was conveniently dismissed under the Chrysler bankruptcy - I traded that car took a loss and bought a Nissan - and have had no issues that were not fixed by the dealer under warranty with any of the 10 vehicles I have bought from Nissan since 2003