Moparts

Anyone own a late model Nissan?

Posted By: SattyNoCar

Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/03/20 02:19 PM

If the ABS light comes on, good chance its gonna burn. Nissan has no known fix, and is offering no help other than advising owners to park away from structures and other things that can burn.

nearly 400000 vehicles on the road could-catch fire and there is no fix for the problem/

fan
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/03/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

If the ABS light comes on, good chance its gonna burn. Nissan has no known fix, and is offering no help other than advising owners to park away from structures and other things that can burn.

nearly 400000 vehicles on the road could-catch fire and there is no fix for the problem/

fan

My brother has a '16 Maxima, he just took it in for a recall, don't know which one, seems there's 8 of them. Anyway I sent him the info you provided. thumbs
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/03/20 02:41 PM

Is there a Nissan worth buying?
Posted By: 360view

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/03/20 02:55 PM

fan

Shouldn’t the advice in the link be:

The carmaker warned drivers that if the ABS light comes on and stays on for more than 10 seconds after they start the engine, they should not park the vehicle in their garage or near any other structures or vehicles, AND DISCONNECT THE BATTERY.....

(or perhaps pull the fuse to the ABS circuit ?)
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/03/20 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 360view

fan

The carmaker warned drivers that if the ABS light comes on and stays on for more than 10 seconds after they start the engine, they should not park the vehicle in their garage or near any other structures or vehicles, AND DISCONNECT THE BATTERY.....

A) The battery is probably buried, and ......
B) you're asking a lot of someone who probably doesn't even know how to check the air in their tires.

no
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/04/20 03:27 AM

Never understood why anyone would buy a Datsun anyway... tsk
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/04/20 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by 360view

fan

A) The battery is probably buried, and ......
B) you're asking a lot of someone who probably doesn't even know how to check the air in their tires.

no

LOL..agreed. Also likely that there is more than one fuse feeding ABS system.....and rarely labeled as such.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/04/20 02:08 PM

Just a hyped news story - I had a 2016 maxima - received three recall notices for the problem - never had the leak described nor any warning light - they do have a fix for the problem and one thing I can say about Nissan is they actually recall and fix problems - but the owner has to first take the car into the dealer. All manufactures have problems look at ford- how many f150s have spontaneously combusted? Chrysler had an issue with the 2.8 liter v6 - I had one of those gems a 2000 intrepid. at 32000 miles it was leaking coolant into the oil - had all the maintenance done at a dodge dealer with all the maintenance records in hand and Chrysler told me - I failed to have it properly serviced at a dealer and would not honor the warranty - my friend the dealer was floored at the response and was told point blank not to raise the issue again. I joined a class action suit against Chrysler for the 2.8 that was conveniently dismissed under the Chrysler bankruptcy - I traded that car took a loss and bought a Nissan - and have had no issues that were not fixed by the dealer under warranty with any of the 10 vehicles I have bought from Nissan since 2003
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/05/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Is there a Nissan worth buying?

No there is not!
KID
Posted By: topside

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/05/20 02:02 AM

I can't speak for newer Nissans, but...
One of my best "daily" purchases in the last 50 years has been my '93 Pathfinder.
Absolutely bulletproof, now has about 209,000 miles. Nothing seems to wear out.
I merely take care of it.
In winter, it even pulls a backblade for snow, and has pulled my K10 out of a ditch.
It also pulled a buddy's GMC 6500 box truck off the freeway.
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/05/20 06:01 AM

That Nissan Armada (actually a Nissan Patrol) which is a good suv and they're literally giving them away compared to a Tahoe etc. I'd "consider" one of those, but nothing else besides a GT-R but they're old and too rich.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/05/20 08:13 AM

That crafty clever apimp Satty7... which X’s car is THIS ONE ? ....

And how big is her garage ??
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/05/20 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by topside
I can't speak for newer Nissans, but...
One of my best "daily" purchases in the last 50 years has been my '93 Pathfinder.
Absolutely bulletproof, now has about 209,000 miles. Nothing seems to wear out.
I merely take care of it.
In winter, it even pulls a backblade for snow, and has pulled my K10 out of a ditch.
It also pulled a buddy's GMC 6500 box truck off the freeway.

The old Pathfinders and hardbody trucks, and the 240Z, I would definitely buy if I were in the market. Newer Nissans? No thank you. They largely exist to ensure that Dodge/Chrysler don't make up the entire rental car fleet.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Anyone own a late model Nissan? - 07/06/20 03:14 PM

No.
© 2024 Moparts Forums