I just want to share this story with you guys to help emphasize the dangers of fuel leaks in high pressure fuel injection, and always carry a fire extinguisher with you.
I have another little hot rod car, its a turbo charged honda.

I was driving my car down the highway, I had just done a big 2nd gear and 3rd gear pull, lots of tire smoke, and spinning of the slicks. Once I got out of it I noticed my AFRs started to go really lean, like 19 to 1. The car started losing power, and the AFRS went off the chart.
I started to play with the throttle to see if this was just a weird issue.

Since I was on the highway, there wasn't any easy spot for me to pull over. I had to drive it about 1 mile to exit and get off the road.

I stop and pop the hood, the entire engine bay is covered in fuel- The turbo charger, the turbo manifold, I mean everything. The fuel was literally pouring out of the engine compartment. There was a huge puddle underneath it.

The fuel pressure regulator bolts backed out allowing a 450LPH pump to unload fuel through the loosened fitting. I think the only reason it didn't catch Fire was I am running E85... or I am just that dang lucky. The car had spent 7 hrs on a dyno and has driven hundreds of miles before this issue. NO idea why is loosened up. I did not have a fire extinguisher in the car had it caught on fire.

After filling the tank up and calculating how many miles I had driven, and how many MPGS i get I calculated I Pumped 5 gallons of fuel on my engine.

I now have a fire extinguisher. Be careful

Last edited by 8urvette; 07/02/20 12:39 AM.