Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Years ago, a close friend told me;

"Brother stories are ALWAYS true! You just can not make this stuff up...... "

beer

So this came up in the Q&A forum... after spinning my wheels for a week trying to help out my car-loving-but-mechanically-challenged Brother with an issue on his 8-3/4 rear axle.. rolleyes ..anyone else got stories we wouldn't believe?

Here's one from last summer. Same brother of mine...

One week they all come to visit us, it's him with his wife and 4 kids, driving 4 hours to see us in his '68 RoadRunner.. I asked how the trip went "How did the car behave?" knowing it ALWAYS needs some TLC when it gets here...

He says "Well, it had a wicked shimmy at any speeds above 55mph. And THAT was annoying, but it kinda went away above 70mph so, ya know, I just kinda either drove fast or slow to keep it under control..".
and the he said ".. I think I need to rebuild the front end.."..

So I'm like "Okaaaayy, did you check any of it, did you see anything?" He said "No, it just felt that way"
I said "Let's start with the easy things - have you checked the tires?"
...we had a look at his tires and .. well, I called Walmart from the driveway and had him order a new set.

Here's what his ancient who-knows-what brand red-line tires looked like after we got them off the car...the Fd up one that doesn't look like any of the others was his right front tire. And he had driven on these all last summer with the entire family.. Death trap if you ask me. blush realcrazy

Never in my life have I seen a car driven with a more Fd up tire..

Zzlv7oONQ9OWPxo1nfzKcw.jpgS9S4MMPBRHKHRopLAapUjg.jpgN7%y9YOUQ5uCPzev3mA+ZQ.jpg
Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 06/19/20 06:24 PM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle