These "who do I call" questions come up all the time... I can remember 15 plus years ago calling a few cam companies for a solid roller for a car with exhaust manifolds. I got so frustrated because I could hear the juice bag on the other end of the phone turning the pages. I didn't take any of their reccomendations, I basicly had a idea how much duration I wanted and knew how much lift would fit in the motor. I told them to spread the lobe center out as wide as the cam core would support.

Then through Ryan Johnson I heard of this guy Dwayne Porter that works with comp and had a very wide scope of dyno testing all kinds of racing engines...From 2 bbls with exhaust manifolds to stock eliminator to boat stuff. I gave Dwayne a call and tapped into his expierence...Naturally he was able to refine what some stupid kid came up with on his own.

Over the years, I have have bought more than a few cams...All sourced through Dwayne. I have directed many of my friends and family to use Dwayne's services with not one misfire...Not a problem ever!

Sometimes business comes down to... who you "want to get the money." All the names mentioned in this thread I'm sure are capable of getting you a cam that will work in your motor. Of all those names listed which ones post here on Moparts on a regular basis? Passing on their wealth of knowledge for free. Which ones can you call up on the telephone and have a conversation about YOUR car/combo and not feel rushed to get it all out in less than a minute? Then get advice you may not have known you needed with your cam purchace?

I just call Dwayne when I need a cam