I think we may all have different definitions of "freeze you out". When I lived in FL, I had the RV2 setup with R12, it would sure freeze up the evaporator and fog the windows, and make me nauseous when jumping into it when it was all cooled down after being all hot and sweaty (I think because of the fast 30* or so temp change). Here in CO on hot, dry days, it never performed as well as hot Southern humid days. I haven't had the current setup in a humid/sea level climate yet, it (with a larger parallel flow condenser) performs much better than it ever did with the RV2.

And, given the low relative humidity out here, I rarely even get a drip from the evap. Shooting the Evap with my laser temp gun through the one vent where there is a site line to the core, I've seen it get as low as 27* when cruising on an 80*day on the interstate.

The Sanden takes noticeably less power and drags the idle hardly at all (relatively speaking). When I weighed all the pieces parts removed and those installed, the Sanden setup was 30 lbs lighter.

All that said, I always liked the look of the RV2 right in the V of the small block.