Originally Posted by bee1971
Originally Posted by Sniper
Doubtful it's an issue with the Air Gap design, many people run them without this issue. Which is not to say your specific manifold doesn't have an issue.

Years ago I ran into an engine that had the two outer plugs on one side and the two inner plugs on the other side all carbon fouled. All four plugs were fed by the same half of a QJ. The carb was in need of a rebuild.

Look at commonality issues is my suggestion. You realize the three cylinders you are having issues with follow each other in the firing order? Did you look at that?

I had two bad plug wires on my similar build running E Street Heads 75cc Angled Plug
They where carbon fouled on the terminal end where it clicks on the Spark Plugs

Also thats why i asked if he opened up the carb and checked everything and he said he did

In his initial post he mentions Slight Misses At Idle ???

As in ??? Fuel or Ignition related

Also are you running any type of carb spacer or 4-hole gasket with that intake manifold ???

Nobody seems to want to blame the air gap intake, i have google alot in different forums the last day and not only Mopar forums and many people seems to have uneven distribution problems with it, one example is that person in the link i post above, my engine runs really good actually and for sure i havent even noticed the uneven distribution if i not have started reading the plugs, its only a slight miss at idle nothing big at all, almost not noticed on the vacuum gauge but i not want any cylinder going lean. Its alot more people running into this issue so there must be some ground in it, this man in the link above also have the engine in a dyno and a few enginebuilders scratches their head around him so its worth reading. One other thing i not have thinking of until now is that this carb i have is a avs2, so its annular boosters in the primary ports witch atomize fuel little same efi and what i have heard many people say that efi works best with a single plane manifold because of the atomized fuel. Before this carb on the same engine i have a regular avs 800 carb and im not noticed this problem with that one and im same always reading plugs with that carb to, i only switch to the avs2 because of all good i hear about it but in this case it become a problem instead, just a thought.One more thing is that the afr readings is very erratic to, Thats why i think maybe a street fominator intake would sute this combo better

Last edited by Mopar493; 06/04/20 02:30 PM.