Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Mopar493

Nobody seems to want to blame the air gap intake, [/quote

Before this carb on the same engine i have a regular avs 800 carb and im not noticed this problem with that one and im same always reading plugs with that carb to, i only switch to the avs2 because of all good i hear about it but in this case it become a problem instead, just a thought.One more thing is that the afr readings is very erratic to, Thats why i think maybe a street fominator intake would sute this combo better

Read the two quotes

No one want to blame the intake

A different style carb didn't show this issue on this intake.

New carb shows the issue.

Maybe your problem is the new carb, tune/fix it or put the old carb back on.

Or you can spend more money on another intake, your choice.

I send Edelbrock a question earlier and describe the whole situation and in the first they only suggest a fi tech but i push the question further and i get one more answer just a few minutes ago and they answer that the fuel distribution is more even in a single plame manifold and that the avs2 because of the fuel atomize and a single plane might be a better choise for my combo and that a bigger volyme engine is much more forgiving with a single plane in street use. That answer and my exprience with the regular avs and everything i have read about it makes me believe that a street dominator maybe not are a step in the wrong direction, like i said before im not the only one with the same issue. I have a good steet dominator intake in my garage from another 440 so i give it a try. Also i have going through this carb more than once and its nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by Mopar493; 06/04/20 04:56 PM.