Originally Posted by fastmark
Well, I spent the day helping out my kid. It was an enjoyable day. We did not order any more speakers. I think Dave is correct. It is a three way front door speaker. It stated .35mh on it I moved the decimal point in the op. I have found a couple of different parts. They are inductors. The local stereo guy said it would burn out the tweeter if we bypassed it. These are listed as 4 ohm speakers but the parts on eBay listed the inductor I saw as a .8 ohm and .40 mh. Would this work?

Originally Posted by Sniper
The .8 Ohms has nothing to do with the speaker ohms, it's just the DC resistance of the inductor.

40mH will change the filter frequency response, your ear may or may not be sensitive enough to notice the difference between the fixed and the untouched speakers.

Will it work, yes.

Yes it will work. I have played around with these cross over networks and it takes about 0.20mH change before you notice a slight =/- to the treble. Buy 2 and if it changes the one too much, fix the second one too. I think they come in 5 or 10 pieces to the pack.

My old Kenwood 15 inch 3 ways have a switch for "Soft" "Normal" and "Clear" and all it was is a set of 3 different value Inductors about 0.15 to 0.20 mH apart and I think 0.60mH is the clear. But its been 18 years since I replaced the 15 inch woofers with a 15 inch Sony Xplode Sub Woofer. When the Helicopters fly over in a movie, they shake the neighbors house.

Kenwood KL-777.jpg

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)