Originally Posted by 70HemiGTX
Thanks for all the replys. Lots of areas to look at. The more I think about it, one of my problems could be the paint. I bought the Rustoleum "Highperformance Professional" paint. I started reading the label and the can is designed to put on a heavier coat from the start. That in itself is a big problem. I had a heck of a time getting a "light" coat down first. (like I like to do.) I'm going to get some of the regular Rustoleum and see how that works. Can't be any worse than what I have now. But I still need to degrease it again and do the whole process all over. I hate doing stuff more than once!!! Time doesn't grow on trees.

I think your problem is prep or no primer, I just shot a set of those with rustoleum pro with zero problems. I degreased them, wire wheeled to bare metal, wiped with solvent based grease and wax remover, light primer, 2 coats rusto pro. I shot a dash frame and a set of slides, sbird wing braces with the same procedure but used dp 90 and ppg concept paint on the slides, zero problems. I sanded the dash frame, shot itwith a light coat of dp90, 30 minutes later shot that $200 a pint nos suede paint, zero issues. I did all the pullies, k-frame, dana, and brackets by blasting, sanding, red scuff smooth, light dp90, concept, zero issues. Some of this new cheap cleanup thinner is garbage, I use solvent based grease and wax remover, and always a little primer. I know the purist will say thats wrong for a resto, but sorry, to many dash paint issues to not lightly dp90 them.