Only thoughts that come to my mind on the subject are use it or loose it. Our local track has been closed since the first weekend in March, and will likely not be open for racing until the fall. With other events already on schedule that take priority even the NHRA does not have confirmed fall dates yet, they are TBD.

As for the cost of racing everyone has a budget. If 100-200 for a TNT, which is what Cecil is advertising then don't go if its out of your comfort zone. But with limited entry and car counts it sounds like you will get your fill of runs. If you decide to go the other way to say Ohio there are tracks open all over the state to choose from. AS for what Id pay, I would GLADLY pay $1-200 for a TNT. We ALWAYS pay $100 for a test session at an NHRA divisional race and we might get 3 passes if we are lucky, never more as that's the limit. By the time I pay to enter my car pay for a crew person and the TNT is generally a $400 bill or very close. My local track rarely has TNT sessions and when they do its more like slip N slide prep so useless for either of our cars. For other events like say WCHRA or SCSN we pay a $100-150 gate fee then another $250-300 on top of that to race the event. I pay $250 to run our Q16 program which was a couple times a month, but we get a decently prepped track and a chance to race, outside of the normal bracket program. FWIW my next closest track is 4 hours away, then 7, then 12. SO choices are limited. But that will be changing for me soon.....

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"