Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by Sammy
[quote=slantzilla]41 posted this morning T&T tech card is $35 and crew is $20.

I know the owner personally and know the track isn't free and clear. He's gotten pounded by the weather every year he's been open. He's spent a ton of money resurrecting it from a ghetto craphole to one you can take your family to. I bet he wishes he had one of those free and clear tracks too.

Not here in Pa. Or in Maryland or New Jersey.
They all raised their prices.
They are treating test n tune like a track rental. Limited capacity I guess is why they need the extra money to pay expenses for that day. [/quote

Damn Sammy give it a break. Evidently you don’t know any track owners or guys that rent tracks because you are coming across like some one that’s never raced. pa and many track have set limits. If they don’t get open and make at least a few bucks they are done and I mean done. Track rent or mortgage payments, track equipment monthly payments never stop, taxes, emergency personnel when open, tower and track crew wages, insurance, and being that I am friends with the owner know that five years ago it took 1000.00 to prep two lanes. Sure they are only prepping one lane now but I’m sure that cost went up. So you do the math Sammy. 15 cars times two sessions, time 30 cars total for two sessions. Now do you really think he’s getting rich on this deal. Ohhh it takes three days to cut the grass each week too. Use your head a little buddy or better off open up a track and teach us how to do it.

I understand your logic.
Completely.
But I guess restaurants will have 25 % capacity ,so I guess they should raise prices 5 times the normal price. The problem with your logic is that if they can get that price, what makes you think they will ever lower it.
That's my beef.
I'm all for tracks to make money, but 5 times the normal price is out of hand.

I wanted to get out next weekend but not going to spend $600.00 to race for one day and no chance of winning some dollars, going tounds.