I bought these at the nats a couple yrs back. Based on the name "Laramie" tooled into the back, I'm guessing them to be 2014 or newer, they're in great condition, I don't see any damage but I won't rule it out. I'd happily bypass the memory if I could, but I don't have a clue. I've read that a new module would need to be flashed. Are the motors 12V? I'm thinking I read somewhere that the motors got lower voltage. I'm looking into a wiring harnes for non memory, then I'd need a different control switch. I just have way more questions than answers. I'll try to hotwire the motors and see what happens. I want to confirm the woltage first. I checked the output voltage ftom the module when I operated the SW and got 5V. I don't know if it's too low or not, this might indicate the module is bad. I'll try something.

Originally Posted by poorboy
I've installed a bunch of newer power seats, but none new enough to have a memory.
My 1st question is can you bypass the memory?

Next thought, its not unusual for the driver side power seat to crap out before the passenger side power seat does, especially if the original vehicle has 2 or more regular drivers. The driver seat tends to move a lot more often then a passenger seat does. I've seen a lot of broken seat frames that will bind up the seat movement. It seems as though the modern era of seat frames (since about 1990) are not designed to handle the extra weight many people tend to carry around these days.

The seat should have 3 motors, one for forward and reverse movement, one to raise and lower the front of the seat, and one to raise and lower the rear of the seat. The seat drive motors are a direct drive setup, power one way moves the seat in one direction, and by reversing the wires, the seat moves in the other direction. It should be possible to feed power directly to each seat motor (in both directions) and see if each of the motors are functioning. If you can power the motors and the seat moves, the issue is probably related to the memory function.

Above it all, my bet is on a broken seat frame, or broken or bent parts in the power adjusting brackets. Gene