Sorry to hear that. I like the cuda. I bumped my compression up to 12.5:1 to match the rest of my combo which I thought the cam and heads were too big for the compression ratio of 11.25:1. Then I installed much bigger spal paddle fans that move 3000+cfm, I couldn't get the mechanical water pump to fit with this set up, so had to install an electric pump. Switched out the thick Walmart trans fluid for some much easier to pump ATI synthetic fluid. Build two sets of collector extensions, 3.5" and 3" just to try. Also for the street I built an exhaust system that looks like this, 3.5" collector extension 18" long tapered and into 3" 24" long pipe into some 3" Borla XR1's I had. Later in the season I will get started on the Indy tunnel ram set up If I can't get better than a 10.40 with these changes, then I will be looking at a cam change. It will be a Harold Brookshire (UD Harold) cam. He was the master and has some really nice cam lobes. I have been over on Team Chevelle and Speed Talk where he hung out and posted a bunch of his handy work. He was the best in the business. Still not sure on another SFT (ultradyne) or a Solid Roller, but they will be Harolds lobes no doubt.

053.JPG051.JPG
Last edited by mopar dave; 05/22/20 09:29 AM.