Originally Posted by Moparpuller
If I could be around 700 I would be happy. We can run a vac pump also to help squeeze the most out of it as possible. Rules state the engine must match the truck. I already have the chassis done so I’m stuck with Mopar powered which I would prefer anyways. I could step up to the pro stock class that allows aluminum heads and 485ci. My buddy runs a ford in that class with kaase p51s that makes 950 and is getting the new sr71s next year. They really limit the Mopar heads in that class as well. No b1s. So victors or indys would be the better choices for it.

If your buddy is making 950 then you would have your work cut out for you to match that with a 485 inch Mopar. You would need an aftermarket block (good luck there) as well as a really good set of Indy heads. Maybe the full on -1 heads or step up to the 572 heads. I'm not positive which would be the best way to go to hit 950 hp at 485 cubes but you can figure that out in a few phone calls. It wouldn't be a cheap engine that is for sure. Probably start at $20,000 and go up from there. Dry sump, belt drive, big cam, big springs, super high quality valve train, etc.