Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Originally Posted by 4406bbl
About the best deal on an oil change kit is ebay, $82 shipped to your door. Walmart does not sell ultra premium 0-40 oil. I dont know about needing the oil separator, what is that tank above the right valve cover, not good enough? Looks like an oil separator to me. I also see folks talking cheaper tires, sure if you want to wreck the car. All I know is ours is cheaper to insure, uses less gas, cheaper to fix, faster, than my superbird, so expensive is relative I guess. 7 qts of good zinc oil and a filter ain't much cheaper, nor are the correct tires, and price an nos 2 piece 1970 brake rotor....so it is really all the same, just the scat pack is better in every way. I have been 160 in the challenger....that will NEVER happen in the sbird or either Cuda.

Keep up with the good interesting info ....,

So 6b .... you have a Chally Scat ? 160 ? .... I’ve had mine up to so far 152 - jsta for a second or two then I lifted. Great smooth pavement on I-75 ... smooth as silk ride at that speed .... very well put together car.

I’ve done some recent research since starting this topic ......Wally World DOES have appropriate oil .... info below...

Cheaper tires ? .. wrecking your car ? ... cheaper to insure ? My Scat isn’t that bad for full coverage .... but isn’t Hagarty really cheap for classics ?

Guess if that oil meets the spec use it. Hagerty is real cheap for the challenger, $397 a year, zero deductible
sbird is about $500 just for storage after the multi car discount, to drive it is about $1200, value is the problem on a sbird.