[quote=TC@HP2]That is exactly my layout, right in front of the gas tank, couple inches above the bottom of the tank to clear the exhaust.

In fairness to Holley, the layout had like this in the past used a parts store copy of the Holley unit and not a Holley branded pump. That may have been part of the issue. Back then, it was a $25 pump. Since the alcohol compatible units now are over $200, and the units suggested further above are nearing $500, I'd really hate to repeat the failure.

I had a cheap Holley knock off pump one time that my son got. It looked like the Holley but was some off brand and we had problems with it. It would loose its prime when mounted in front of the tank where my Holley is mounted. I had to blow air into the tank filler neck to get it to prime. We ended up putting a Holley back on it and no problem. I always put a little motor oil in a new Holley pump so it will help it prime when I put a new pump on and it wont start dry. And I have never had a problem with a Holley pump mounted in front of my stock gas tank. It was just the cheaper off brand that gave a problem. And of course if I can I mount the pump lower then the tank but its not many places to do that on a street car with a stock tank and not have the pump to close to the ground. Ron