Originally Posted by LA360
Originally Posted by n20mstr
OK, other threads and my engine has me thinking, what options are out there for B1 intakes? Im told mine is holding my combination back. The runners are too long with the spacers, so whats the option? Im thinking cut it down the middle, bolt it to the heads and fill in the plenum? Has anyone modified a B1 intake? Also why is it SO thick and heavy? LOL
I have seen Indy intakes modified to fit on a B1 , any one do that? and did it help compared to the B1 intake?
Just looking to see what others have done, im not the normal bracket racer, and my combination is tailored to a lot of nitrous or whatever it takes to make 1500+ ?

I don't know what equipment you have access to Tony, but you could cut the intake in half and weld flanges on so it bolts together in the centre. There is a bunch of material in the plenum of those intakes, you could get some material out of there, while you are there (if you haven't already).

Those castings could certainly go on a diet, someone should do a lightening program for them, not that many people would use it.

I did that on my W-9 intake
wave