Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana

PS - I tried painting these white with SEM plastic interior paint. It did not work well. The plastic is too flexible and the paint cracked during install.

Hmmmm.... I painted my original black plugs with Super White interior SEM, light mist coats/drying in between until color was achieved, I wiped them down with lacquer thinner (as I do most items being sprayed with SEM) prior to paint/SEM, don't use the SEM prep primer adhesion promoter, and give them a few days prior to install...

Mike

Mike, I used the SEM super white as well. I painted them months ago and just tried to install Wednesday. Upon pushing them into the hole the paint cracked and flaked off. I may try your method and see if I can get the paint to adhere better. Maybe a slight scuffing would help adhesion as well.

Just "soften" them up with lacquer thinner just prior to applying the first light coat, the lacquer thinner will dry faster than you can get the first coat on, I wipe down any plastic/vinyl with lacquer thinner to make the surface react/soften so it binds with the SEM paint immediately

Mike