Originally Posted by 1DGEMAN
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
How fast are you looking to go and at what weight. I’m betting the ET difference between a 4 inch crank and the one you are looking for isn’t worth the added issues. Gotta make sure the head is big enough for it too.

I thought you might have a cylinder head recommendation and per my post it says hot street combo.

Well if I had the extra money and I was going to run a small block of that size I would buy the Edelbrock Victor heads and then I would port them. My budget for now forces me to run a stock valve position head because I already have several sets of pistons to do so. Indy’s big cnc ported 360-1 heads are leak prone and the stock 360-1 would need ported. That’s why I ask how fast you want to go. W8-W9 heads are the easiest way to go fast but then again they will need ported too. My 422 has gone 9.42 with a set of ported 360-1 heads and a solid lifter cam free cam but I’m working on a set of Edelbrock heads that I just hit 325 cfm with lots of porting work and moving the pushrod over but even those heads don’t need a crank over 4 inch.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time