Last week I visited our dine-in pizza place (because of posts here pizza sounded good). Place is owned by a husband and wife orthodox refugees from a Muslim country. They make a very good pizza. I ordered by phone and picked up take and bake style. I asked them to consider doing this if cv19 requires no dine in. Well yesterday I did our once a week sprint to the store for refill and thought wth, may as well get a pizza to take home again. I phoned them and they told me for take and bake they have a 2 lg 2 topping special. I ordered 2 to pick up at 11. When I arrived after shopping I was greeted by "oh, it is you" they thanked me for the idea of offering t&b pizza, said it is doing so well they may keep it as an option. Great to live in a community that supports our assets.
Best part of the story they tried to comp the pizzas, I would not do that and paid in full, and left a tip as I do. I explained one never knows how bad this may get (our county has zero cases yet with 60 tests taken), he replied, with a huge grin, remember to pop the bubbles.
Thus far I've seen no incidents or read reports of any local rage. I do wonder how long people can do this. As of now, this all seems surreal, more like the plot of a movie. I do think as finances are strained I will keep personal protection at hand when venturing out, and likely available while at home. I think the best in people will go far as we weather this storm. Any uproars should not be approached, rather let the proper channels take care of those activities. Be smart and keep safe people.