Originally Posted by Hot 340
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by W.I.N. racing
Originally Posted by Hot 340
I . They are rolled/compressed undercut and not filleted.

FYI Not all (if any) Street Hemi cranks are not Filleted and the metallurgy between a 440 crank and a Hemi crank from the same period are about equal other than the Hemi crank has been heat treated,. I've cracked open the bottom end on several street Hemis and None of them had a filleted crank. twocents
iagree Race hemi or street hemi, none of them that I have heard of or seen that had the stock cranks in them had non fillet cranks in them shruggy
Direct Connection sold Moldex and another after market brand replacement cranks that did have them though, I'm thinking those cranks whereup scope
im just saying stock 440 cranks dont seem terribly reliable in a bracket car. If the hemi crank is the same as it is then i dunno why it seems to have a better record. I myself just bought an $800 ohio crank and was done with it.

In all the years racing I’ve seen one crank break (of course we never tried to make 1000 hp on them either). ALWAYS had a good oiling system to. I say use it, Chevy uses 6 bolts for flywheel, that street Hemi won’t break that 440 crank.