Originally Posted by poorboy
I don't know if this is relevant info or not, but I discovered a couple years ago the Dodge used 3 different transmission mounts between 1992 and 1994 Dakotas. The 93 was a changeover year, and neither the 92 nor the 94 will work without modification, and the 93 mounts are no longer available. The truck I ran into this on was a 4x4, but I've heard they did the same thing on the 2x Dakotas.
I had to modify the crossmember to get the 94+ trans mount to work. Maybe you have the wrong crossmember for the mount you are trying to use?

I sure hope you guy get this figured out, I will be putting a 96 318 4x4 drive train on a 91 4x4 chassis soon, and will be covering this with 49 Dodge sheetmetal. I'll have enough to deal with making the sheet metal work, I don't want to have to deal with a motor/trans issue as well, but I will if I need to. Gene.
I cant speak about a 4x4 truck. But my 91 was v8 with a A500 over drive transmission. With the magnum 360 and 904 transmission. Using the adapter mount. My engine/ transmission bolted right in with no problems

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops