The wife and I each hold 100 shares of CCL in our IRA's.

We get $100 to $250 of on-board credit with each cruise, depending on the length of the cruise. Since we have cruised about 20 times on Princess, that has resulted in discounts equal to almost what we paid for the stock if it were to go to 0 and never recover. I don't think that will happen.

I find that cruising is a great way to see the world without personally dealing with the logistics. We have been to 35 countries and seen and done so many wonderful things.
We went jet skiing and swimming with sharks in the South Pacific. We have touched a glacier. We have seen the Mona Lisa, David, the Eiffel tower, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and so many other things.

All I have to do is pack and step onto my front porch. Everything is handled by someone who has done it a thousand time. If something goes awry, they have a backup plan and I don't have to figure out what to do. Example, one trip we were supposed to stop in Canada on our way to Europe. There was a big storm around New England so we diverted and stopped in the Azores instead. We hit the Canadian stop on another cruise. Nothing lost.

So many people badmouth the concept of cruising but I wouldn't have seen a fraction of the number of things I have seen if it were not available.