Originally Posted by volaredon
been thinking of going myself this year, about 3 hours away. I remember from the last time I was in Indianapolis… nobody knows directions. I went down there once because a buddy was in dire need of a torque converter for a Cummins, and didn't want to wait for it to be transferred to the company's location closer to us. I went 3-4 different places around Indy, asking how to find this place, the last was a truck stop west of town, headed back toward Illinois on I-74. never seen this place but once I got to that point I "knew" I was too far. so I pulled off the road to ask where this road I was looking for was, nobody there had a clue. It was the 3rd of 4 places I stopped and asked for help in finding what I was looking for.

I have never been to the place where this swap is, and have no idea where it might be down there.
it's at the state fairgrounds on 38th street. there aren't any direct interstate exits near it but it isn't difficult to find. I live less than an hour from the fairgrounds but haven't been to the show in a couple of years. there's no way i'd drive 5-6 hours to this show unless there was something specific I wanted. all the used stuff is literally over priced junk and new prices aren't much better. it's $8 to drive into the fairgrounds and I think $15 to get in the show.