I picked up a set of 2.02 intake J heads for a project I am gaining some steam on.............360 / 408 motor that will be going in a cruiser type of deal.
I could tell at a glance that someone took a burr to the exhaust , and I figured that it would save me the effort.
Today , I tore down the motor and heads , to take to be thermal cleaned and magnafluxed before I start throwing real dollars at them.
The heads had triple springs on them.............it was all my spring compressor wanted to handle to get them to where I could get the keepers off , except for one exhaust that had a broken spring.
But triple groove keepers and valves.
They have bronze guides installed and PC seals.
I should have taken some pics , but will get them tomorrow before I drop them off.
The pockets are really opened up behind the valves , but no apparent effort to blend the guide boss where it protrudes into the port.
Now , I am wondering if it was a home brewed Flintstone approach to making power , and have they been too hogged out to work worth a darn.
The chambers have not been milled significantly based on a side by side look next to the 1.88 valve heads that came off the block I plan on using , so either they got compression with the pistons , or lived with 8:1 or so.
What would be a red flag for any of you if you were looking to use them ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tubtar; 02/17/20 10:57 PM.