Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I'm doing winter testing on my bracket motor now, it leaked down to 70/80 on the worst cylinder and 78/80 on the best cylinder, three plugs where clean and two had noticeable amount of oil on them whiney I had ran it in neutral several times to warm it up for setting the valve lash, three needed a tiny bit of tightening, several needed loosening up and 5 or 6 where okay. I set them at .022 warmed up this time and I will write that down in the racing log book for this year up I'm not sure exactly where I had set them last year realcrazy
I run pump E85 fuel in this motor, it has right at 15.0 to 1 compression ratio with real narrow rings(1MM) with low tension oil rings for the vacuum pump.
I had the crankshaft bolt come loose on the last run last year and it and the pulley came off during a run so the motor has been ran since then without the pump. I'm sending the pump in for checking and rebuilding if needed, that is probably the reason for the oil on some of the plugs luck It hadn't had any sign of oil on any of the plugs I've checked or change at the track last year with the pump working shruggy
Hopefully this years results will be better luck

Thanks alot for your answer!
Im going to do a leak down test and get back with results.

Last edited by Mopar493; 02/15/20 08:37 AM.