I have a friend who is a medically retired ( severely injured on the job, 100 % disability) pipe welder for 36 yrs before being hurt, he was a union worker and hates CAPCO because they are the largest pipe line non union contractor in this country and the Torrance family owns that company shruggy
I've been a union worker at a close shop years ago and went back to work for the new company(GTE) when I got out of the Army that had became a open shop(CWA), that company treated the workers and the customers horribly, I join the union and became a union steward and later became a E board member. I hated that company and quit them after two years and got lucky and went to work for another telephone company that was a closed shop and I had to join IBEW again, that was Continental Telephone of California. A GREAT Company for both the employees and customers boogie :up
That was in 1970, GTE bought them in 1991 whiney
I ended up retiring from them with 33 yrs total service in 1997, all my years counted for retirement do to GTE buying and owning all three company, which is now Verizon.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)