Moparts

NHRA Pomona

Posted By: RAY1969CARS

NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 01:22 PM

What the hell is going on with ticket sales I looked at ticket sales because they normally go on Friday and they’re Usually like 25 bucks I checked yesterday and it’s $77 for Friday
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 03:09 PM

eek
Posted By: BloFish

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 03:30 PM

Inflation
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 03:47 PM

Less people going to see the crap show means more money for the tickets . Big business still wants the money no matter who it hurts. Kinda like raising the minimum wage.
Posted By: topside

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 04:42 PM

Everything NHRA increases in price, including membership.
Interesting that 5 TF cars are sitting out for Pomona - bad for the fans, though.
I'd wager the no-show deal is in response to the new Countdown rules.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 05:00 PM

General admission for friday shows $45 and $65 reserved. Saturday $55 -$75 It doesn`t seem like it was much more last time i went a few years ago.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 06:41 PM

Making up for the sportsman cars they won't allow to enter.
Posted By: rickseeman

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 06:43 PM

Years ago the president of NHRA was taking out $750,000 in pay. Pretty sad. I believe they could find someone with a love of the sport to do that job for $100,000. He wants you to make him rich.
Posted By: RAY1969CARS

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 07:16 PM

I guess they added a couple of new attractions

Attached picture 94C03AD3-E277-4222-8D67-85FDC65B8187.jpeg
Attached picture 9BF68B20-E7F9-4A6F-A1A4-0BD3ECB16CF8.jpeg
Attached picture 5F56F02A-7BF2-491F-9B00-BDD65B34BFB1.jpeg
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 07:18 PM

Supposedly Torrence is out because he refused to pay his fine for being a little bish at the Finals last year.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by rickseeman
Years ago the president of NHRA was taking out $750,000 in pay. Pretty sad. I believe they could find someone with a love of the sport to do that job for $100,000. He wants you to make him rich.

NHRA has hired and retired more CEO than I can remember in the past 25 yrs, they have gone off the rails from its original intent whiney

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/06/20 09:47 PM

According to Nitromater and Classracer, NHRAtv is not working either. New year - SOS.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 02:22 AM

I believe nhra.tv only works on the days that the TF and Funny cars runs....meaning no TV on Thursday....

Only the audio would be available on Thursday....will find out tomorrow...
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 02:28 AM

So who is getting ALL ACCESS this year ?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 04:15 AM

Certainly not worth it
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass

I’ve had it since it was first offered but didn’t renew this year. I can’t stand Pro Stock anymore and although I really enjoyed watching top fuel and funny car qualifying when they cut back on track prep to keep speeds down all it has become is a tire spinning contest with one or two cars making clean passes.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 05:18 AM

Watch it for the sports man classes...stock and super stock...25 per cent off....

got new 50 inch big screen tv in garage....Roku channel...
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 01:58 PM

I did not get a chance to use it yesterday, but this year all days have video.

It was supposed to be on yesterday.

I have subscribed to it from the start, not perfect but has been getting better every year. The switch to the system Sony runs was a huge improvement.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

I’ve had it since it was first offered but didn’t renew this year. I can’t stand Pro Stock anymore and although I really enjoyed watching top fuel and funny car qualifying when they cut back on track prep to keep speeds down all it has become is a tire spinning contest with one or two cars making clean passes.

Prostock is horrible. Basically NASCAR in a straight line and just as boring.
Posted By: merpar

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 09:06 PM

I kinda compare the NHRA to our government. Has grown too much, way too much overhead. When you try to give every employee's family member and their friends a job. It just spirals out of control. It is called very bad management. Afraid to say no! And there you have my two cents worth.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/07/20 09:58 PM

I set up my dvr to record about 4 different episodes from this weekend starting today on fox sports 1

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 02:02 AM

12 top fuel cars for qualifying so far. Lol
Pro stock Chevy 16 Mopar not in field so far.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 02:20 AM

Are the Capco cars there ?
Posted By: markz528

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 04:42 AM

Nope

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by markz528

Nope

W. O. W eek

THAT has to be an NHRA soap opera !!

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 05:53 AM

BTW ... who are the Torrence guys in the Capco operation?

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 06:27 AM

BTW ... who are the Torrence guys in the Capco operation?

The team cook and the parts washer.

Plenty of speculation and rumors on possible reasons for them to not be there. Hard to discount any of them. popcorn

I kind of like those guys. Old school hardcore style racers out there having fun and kicking a$$ without all the corporate spit and polish. Not beholden to anyone or worried about being PC for the sake of a sponsor. Lagana brothers and Scott Palmer are the real deal.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 07:21 AM

I have a friend who is a medically retired ( severely injured on the job, 100 % disability) pipe welder for 36 yrs before being hurt, he was a union worker and hates CAPCO because they are the largest pipe line non union contractor in this country and the Torrance family owns that company shruggy
I've been a union worker at a close shop years ago and went back to work for the new company(GTE) when I got out of the Army that had became a open shop(CWA), that company treated the workers and the customers horribly, I join the union and became a union steward and later became a E board member. I hated that company and quit them after two years and got lucky and went to work for another telephone company that was a closed shop and I had to join IBEW again, that was Continental Telephone of California. A GREAT Company for both the employees and customers boogie :up
That was in 1970, GTE bought them in 1991 whiney
I ended up retiring from them with 33 yrs total service in 1997, all my years counted for retirement do to GTE buying and owning all three company, which is now Verizon.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 11:08 AM

There is something going on here. Not sure if we will really ever know for sure. Heck of a team even though Steve can be a jerk. However some of that is because of his passion for the sport.

His Dad is pretty likable and fast also.

They help a lot of other racers with old parts.

They need to be back and if I can find an email address I may let them know I miss them.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 11:22 AM

How about twenty cars in ProStock, Camaros. Mustangs and Dodges.

Okay I know all of them but probably Alan Prusiensky have GM based engines.

I have come to look at ProStock somewhat like the Fuel Cars. They all have Mopar based engines but that does not keep Ford and Chevy fans from liking them.

Fernando Cuadra operation is going to be fun to watch. They have purchased the car they ran last year from KB and he is out on his own with his sons. I think I heard they are building a big shop and have Formula 1 talent as part of their team.

It was surprising how so many cars were able to run 210 mph with the front runners.

Do I wish it was like the 70s? Sure but I am still enjoying it.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 340Cuda
How about twenty cars in ProStock, Camaros. Mustangs and Dodges.

Okay I know all of them but probably Alan Prusiensky have GM based engines.

I have come to look at ProStock somewhat like the Fuel Cars. They all have Mopar based engines but that does not keep Ford and Chevy fans from liking them.

Fernando Cuadra operation is going to be fun to watch. They have purchased the car they ran last year from KB and he is out on his own with his sons. I think I heard they are building a big shop and have Formula 1 talent as part of their team.

It was surprising how so many cars were able to run 210 mph with the front runners.

Do I wish it was like the 70s? Sure but I am still enjoying it.

Tom Huggins PS car still has a Dodge Hemi in it....they were in Vegas couple of weeks ago testing...and took a look....

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 10:04 PM

J-body posted a pic on FB of the CAPCO rigs parked near White Horse Pass.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/08/20 11:00 PM

I have a friend who is a medically retired ( severely injured on the job, 100 % disability) pipe welder for 36 yrs before being hurt, he was a union worker and hates CAPCO because they are the largest pipe line non union contractor in this country and the Torrance family owns that company

Does he hate them just because they are non-union? Did they do something to him or is he just drinking the Kool-Aid? Maybe they are doing something right if their people never organized. Their race team guys seem to like them.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/09/20 03:33 AM

He has been drinking the liberal Koolaid for many years, he was hurt on the job here in OR and got nothing due to insurance companies lobbying being successful in protecting the insured rant
He is living on the disability income he gets from his old union as well as another insurance policy he had on himself for on the job injuries, I think confused
I've seen Union Presidents and business managers steal the local blinds on business expenses on trips and out of town meetings and get away with it rant puke
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/09/20 03:46 AM

And now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by RAY1969CARS
What the hell is going on with ticket sales I looked at ticket sales because they normally go on Friday and they’re Usually like 25 bucks I checked yesterday and it’s $77 for Friday

I think ole Wally P would roll over in his grave if he could see scope how empty the stands were ! whistling flame
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 01:26 PM

Drag racing demographics are old in the pro/national event show. I was just talking to a fellow racer this weekend that entered the March Meet just last week. 8 years ago you had to hit the computer as soon as entries went on sale as they’d fill the event within a day.
Posted By: jughed

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 02:03 PM

I think ole Wally P would roll over in his grave if he could see scope how empty the stands were ! whistling flame

big reasons...'team racing' (sandbagging)...way too many rules...and too pricey to attend. They have ruined the NHRA (and NASCAR) for many people. The empty stands are no surprise..
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 10:14 PM

Times are changing and the older crowd is disappearing. The younger crowd has different interests. I really don`t think much can be done about it as most auto sports are on the down slide.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 10:22 PM

I don’t think most of you guys realize how big some of these tracks are compared to years ago. Come to Summit Raceway Park this summer and get an eye opener on how many people are at the track. Camera placement also comes into play as most of the spectators try to sit on the same did that the teams are parked on to save lots of extra walking between rounds. You would also be surprised to see how many spectators go to the stands only while the Sportsman cars are racing. They could care less about the fuel teams.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 11:45 PM

Some of you guys must never go anywhere. Decent tickets to a top name in concert are going to be at least $100 each. Add in $11 beers and $7 sodas......
Posted By: BIG DRAG

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/11/20 11:55 PM

I made it out on Friday. Only reason I went was to support my longtime friend Alex Miladinovich - Hot 4 Teacher Nitro Funnycar-who just got his Nitro Funny car license. This is a guy who built his own chassis in his garage and runs the deal on his own dime for the most part. He qualified, ran 1st round and lost... but this gives me hope that NHRA is not a total waste.

Attached picture 20200207_110707.jpg
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 12:24 AM

That was cool to see that team come together. That’s what I appreciate about March Meet. Working mans fuel cars.
Posted By: BobR

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 03:17 PM

Torrence, IMO, is a baby. The biggest reason he was not there is he was pissed about the fine which, again IMO, should have been higher. There were quite a few spectators on Friday and Saturday. Sunday was cold, windy and misty rain in the area so people stayed home.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
Some of you guys must never go anywhere. Decent tickets to a top name in concert are going to be at least $100 each. Add in $11 beers and $7 sodas......

Yep. Agree. We just went to The Blue Man Group. 2.5 hours, $70.00 non premium tickets, (7 of them), $11 tiny Bailey’s and $21 “double” Seagrams. My granddaughters loved the show, so it was worth it😉.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 05:37 PM

I don’t think most of you guys realize how big some of these tracks are compared to years ago. Come to Summit Raceway Park this summer and get an eye opener on how many people are at the track. Camera placement also comes into play as most of the spectators try to sit on the same did that the teams are parked on to save lots of extra walking between rounds. You would also be surprised to see how many spectators go to the stands only while the Sportsman cars are racing. They could care less about the fuel teams.

So NOW ... the cheesyBURGHERguy is suggesting that NHRA put all those HUGE NEW STANDS UP for spectators to view the Alky dragsters and funny cars and COMP eliminator and Super Gas ?

Oh cHeEzY ... me thinks yurr running OUTA gAs ! xmaseek

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 05:45 PM

M

So NOW ... the cheesyBURGHERguy is suggesting that NHRA put all those HUGE NEW STANDS UP for spectators to view the Alky dragsters and funny cars and COMP eliminator and Super Gas ?

Oh cHeEzY ... me thinks yurr running OUTA gAs ! xmaseek

Come north oldtimer and you will see some of us haven’t retired to our lazyboy chairs. You southern guys with sunburnt rawhide skin just sit there sipping your umbrella drinks watching the waves crash in. Lol.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/12/20 05:56 PM

Day UMMMM .. he’s really outa gAs !

You see how quickly he changes the topic tsk

We will SEA how full the stands are at Pomona when the Sportsman program comes on ...

Come north ? Into snow and ice ? ... there’s enough ice here. - but only in the drinks .., smoke
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/13/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by RAY1969CARS

I went on Friday and tickets were $50 for general admission at the gate. I got to see all the door cars run which is the reason I go on Friday’s. When TF ran the stands were full on the one side. They also included free NHRA museum. They had max limit of stock and SS cars there but other fields were not full. I hope they allow more stock and SS cars and grow NHRA. The midway was very small. If NHRA goes by the way side it’s not going to help any of us! We had a great time and the weather was great on Friday!!!

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/14/20 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by 65 Hemi

I went on Friday and tickets were $50 for general admission at the gate. I got to see all the door cars run which is the reason I go on Friday’s. When TF ran the stands were full on the one side. They also included free NHRA museum. They had max limit of stock and SS cars there but other fields were not full. I hope they allow more stock and SS cars and grow NHRA. The midway was very small. If NHRA goes by the way side it’s not going to help any of us! We had a great time and the weather was great on Friday!!!

Grow it? They're trying to shrink it. Running people off. I remember there being like 120 cars in all of the sportsman classes. The Manufacturers Midway was like a mini-PRI show with product being given away to racers. $15-18K to win if the car was stickered right. $250 to enter for car, driver and a crew person. Only needed a couple of brownie points to get in. Not like that now.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/14/20 01:11 PM

Anyone know the winternats sportsman FS program schedule?

GOTTA SEA how the stands magically FILL UP when the Super Gas cars start running scope xmaseek

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/14/20 03:00 PM

GOTTA SEA how the stands magically FILL UP when the Super Gas cars start running scope xmaseek

Why who said the stands fill up. Are you hearing voices in your head again. Better get back on your meds or see your doctor to see if they have to up the dosage. I’ll keep you in my Prayers.

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/14/20 03:35 PM

Why who said the stands fill up. Are you hearing voices in your head again. Better get back on your meds or see your doctor to see if they have to up the dosage. I’ll keep you in my Prayers.

Now cHeEzY... tsk .... please focus ! coffee

I didn’t NAME NAMES when I put that post up !!

Seems to me someone might be thinking it then anyways tsk wave

And THANK YOU for trying to PREY for me !

YOU must be a fan of Pelosi ! eek smoke

Re: NHRA Pomona - 02/14/20 10:06 PM

I’ll be scope those stands R E A L closely ... scope

Attached picture 8237C590-4CFC-40B1-8C4B-441988837017.png
© 2024 Moparts Forums