Not sure where you're going with that, but:
I've very rarely driven at an unsafe speed for conditions, roadway & equipment.
Ditto holding others up for any length of time, say like when towing and having the situation of multiple speeds (big rigs, etc) in multiple lanes.
Sometimes in that situation you just have to fit in and deal with the big picture. It's considerate.

I don't always set my upper limit by the posted speed signs if I'm in the middle of nowhere and conditions allow.
There are many stretches of highway where in the right car & conditions, one can travel quite quickly & safely.
Obviously, race & HPDE experience elevates skill and comfort levels. I urge everyone I know with kids to take them to a HP driving school.
A capable, well-maintained vehicle, and being attentive, are something I consider pretty basic requirements for any driving, any speed.
I do not believe that everyone gifted with a driver's license should be on the road, nor junk vehicles, nor those terrified of speed or surrounding conditions.
Like everything else, some people just aren't good at it.
That's why I referenced Germany, which has traditionally had a very low fatality rate compared to ours, while being able to travel freely at high speeds on excellent roads in fit vehicles.