I just spun up one that was sitting longer than that and here's how I went about it:

Gas tank was bone dry because emptied when parked so put some gas in it. Used a syringe to put some gas in the fuel bowl through the vents (TQ). Changed the oil and filter, topped off the coolant. Put a big breaker bar on the crank bolt to make sure it was free. Poured a little trans fluid down the intake anyway. A lot of people will say mystery oil in each plug hole, old timers use trans fluid. I went down the intake to get some on the valves. Let it sit at least a week, spun it at least 1/2 way around with the crank bolt. Ok, some steps out of order.

On the big day I used white out to mark the distributor and drive gear orientation while pulling both. Used an oil pump priming rod and an electric drill to spin the oil pump for at least 5 minutes. Ran it until I at least had oil flowing in to the lifter gallery (from the rockers) and then a little longer. Put the distributor back in, cranked it up, let it run in neutral on fast idle for a good 15 minutes.

I also had it on jack stands with the back tires off the ground just in case. While it was parked had worked on the shift linkage and better paranoid than fixing the garage wall [again]. Checked the trans fluid while it warmed up, ran it through the gears with the wheels still up, ignored the tail pipe smoke from the trans fluid. Checked the timing.

If I hadn't been able to put some fuel in the carb, would have checked the timing while bumping the starter a few times. That's usually enough to get the fuel pump to prime the line. I'd say the most important thing is run the oil pump right before starting.