I know the separator springs usually work fine, but I haven't had good luck with them on Wedge.

The thin tube pressed into the exhaust pushrod hole (to allow them to go hog wild with the intake port) is cool.
But I was (maybe unnecessarily) concerned the exhaust pushrod could touch the tube/bad stuff following.
Eventually decided to use the standard style MP exhaust rocker + collars and spacers to make sure
that contact wouldn't occur. The different rocker created more clearance to the tube.

You can see to the left of the intake needs a good sized spacer.
I backordered some harland sharp wedge spacers for that.
Another lesson learned......the shafts are all 7/8. Small block, big block, gen 2, doesn't matter.
Before I got these Indy shafts from Todd M. per his recommendation, I actually used an extra small block
shaft to mock up a pair of rockers here and there, to get a preliminary plan and figure out what I wanted to do.
The shafts don't even have to bolt on at that point, to give you a visual idea of how it's gonna go.

I bought the Jesel pushrod length checker and played with that.
Pushrod length trial and error played a bigger part in pushrod clearance to the tube than I expected. Once I had that dialed in
and was happy with pushrod clearance, I had to go back and check with the Indy exhaust rocker to make sure I was not fooled by
anything. The MP rockers just looked safer to me from a clearance POV.

When I knew my desired pushrod length, I then decided to get the Manton tool steel adjusters per Rich N.
Maybe overkill for a street roller application, but I wanted to do this right.
Turns out they were different enough from the Indy adjusters that it was best for me to go through pushrod length again.
Al at Manton was nice to work with and he suggested .095 wall series 5. 3/8". I'm going to try oiling through the pushrods since Andy set me up with oiling
lifters a year or so ago, so ordered them with oil holes.

Lots of good advice received on this deal, and lots of help with parts.

More to come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

valvetrain mockup.jpg

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri