Originally Posted by Moparnut426
SO I like the rapid air maxline kits, but debating on if I need the 3/4 line kit or if the 1/2 line kit will do enough.

I think Ill buy a base 100' 3/4 kit, and add on later if needed, advise or other experience is appreciated.

RIP Stu!

Originally Posted by 1E2C
That's what I bought last year but I still haven't had a chance to install it....... lemme know how it works for you.

I got a 100' rapid air system myself. Sadly mine is still in the box too as I am trying to finish the last pieces in my garage. It will get installed once everything else is where I want it. Seems like decent stuff though!

I chose 1/2" line. 3/4" will lose more pressure over longer runs and the compressor will run more often to keep up the volume.

Probably obvious but plan to have a few different points where you can connect to so you're not wrangling hoses from one end of the shop to another. Consider putting one near a door so you can extend it outside when needed.

A drier/separator is a must! Until my Rapid Air system gets installed, I run an air hose directly from the compressor tank and A LOT of water gets into my tools. Surprised me the first time I saw how much there was, it was like turning on a hose instead of an air ratchet. Clearly not the best practice and only use it that way every so often.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500