Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
So in essence, Alaskan...your'e saying a vehicle doesn't lose any of it's value, with the fender tag missing, as long as all the other documents are still with the car?
The vehicle in question here, is not a rare car, or even a factory 340/440 6bbl/Hemi...nothing like that, but a very clean V8 car with all it's ORIGINAL paperwork still with it.

I did not say that at all.

If any original item of documentation is missing, the value would be less than the same car with all of its original documentation.

If a tag is 'replaced' via data from other, fully supporting documentation the value is still less than the same car with an original tag.

Fake paperwork, tags etc. all lower the value of any car too.

Any bogus numbers taint the cars history as well as the owners reputation.

From /6 to Hemi, there are an amazing amount of fakes in this hobby & it is not amazing in a good way.

Well I am convinced NOT to purchase a repro tag for my vehicle. Even though I have all original documents: broadcast sheet,monroney label,sales invoice,title from original buyer, and also the owners manual....still wish I knew the fate of the original missing tag, it bugs me! Thanks Barry for the info! thumbs