Originally Posted by 440Jim
I am just trying to make a conclusion from what is posted here, not sure.
It seems the chassis tag is an SFI requirement, not an NHRA requirement. But since NHRA requires an SFI chassis for faster than 8.50; it is required for those certs.

I am looking for local info on chassis inspector in NC. I have one lead (name) and a big racer is checking his contacts for me.

True, the ID/serial tag is part of the SFI spec.

9.99 - 8.50 is an NHRA sportsman certification which needs to meet the specifications in the NHRA rule book, period. To go 8.49 or quicker requires a certification that meets the SFI spec for your particular situation (ET, weight, car construction, etc). Apples and oranges, depending on ET.

IF you decide to get the car done, go to the source. Inspectors work for NHRA. Call your Division office and/or head tech man, ask them schedules, locations, contacts, etc. They are who you need to deal with. Call your local track or check their schedule. Often, an NHRA track will schedule an inspector to come in for a day or 2 and do certs for local cars. Usually you need to make an appointment to take advantage of that.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 01/21/20 02:35 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.