Yeah, that's been in the works for awhile now. did not want to say
anything as I was sworn to secrecy.

Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by Scully
If they're cast from original type molds that means they are thin wall and worthless for a high output race engine.

I don't think that is what they are talking about. When they say Mopar tooling I think it means the Mopar tooling that was used for the Mega blocks and/or the World blocks. Probably need Zippy to clear it up but I think Mopar always owned that tooling, it just got moved from foundry to foundry. I assume that tooling is still around and that Mopar owns it and now they've found another home for it. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah Andy is partially correct. I believe this should, most likely, be the 2008 Mopar Performance block that most of us called a World block.

Months back, my source mentioned he had been digging and had learned the tools were still at Dalton, who originally cast them. It was never moved during the time I was there.
To the best of my knowledge the intent is to stay at Dalton, as it's super expensive to rework that stuff + I doubt anywhere else would be interested in doing it anyway.

As far as original (1970s) big block block tooling goes, as far as I know that was all scrapped as part of the agreement Iacocca made during the bankruptcy during his tenure.
At that time, Chrysler Marine and Industrial still had a purpose for the big block, but the government directed that division be dissolved
and everything associated with it sent to scrap for the bankruptcy to be approved.

Edit.................there is more to the story and I don't believe we've heard the end of it. I believe somebody is going to throw a wildcard on the table,
and things might not be what they seem.

Last edited by ZIPPY; 01/21/20 11:19 AM.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri