Originally Posted by dart4forte
Originally Posted by 1E2C
Mine was installed end for end when I put it back together. This [/b][/i]was[i][b] on an 83 D150, and that's not your model so things may be somewhat different. I could see the difference when they were side by side, (correct vs incorrect), so I took mine out and end for ended it back in - and all was well with the world. I had the front end apart for several months doing the rebuild so that's my excuse - took me too long so I forgetted........ whistling As I recall, (this find was around 5 years ago now), the giveaway was the stud/nut orientation of the tie rods/idler/pitman; correct they angled aft and down and incorrect they angled fwd and down - or vice versa.

I have a pic of a 75 set up. Mine is definitely off. First giveaway was the grease zirk. Mine face the rear, the truck in the pic face the front.
The pitman arm/drag link threads face straight.

Got a diagram out of an FSM. Correct they installed where the threads face toward the front of the truck angled upward. Mine are installed where the threads are straight up. Obviously wrong. Either wrong drag link or it’s assbackwards.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln