Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
Originally Posted by Morty426
Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
I don't know if the seven year thing is still the fact or not. Certain cars were scrapped in a way that they could never be registered in California again. Those cars never seem to leave the computer system. I'm not sure how that worked. I know a certain Daytona Iroc R/T that was saved, but cannot be registered...

Jim,

I'm going to guess that those cars are part of a Cash for Clunkers Bill or some other source of BS. I'm going to guess again that DMV moved those cars to a status like "Non-Operation" which lasts forever in the system.

Morty

The Daytona in question was prior to the CFC program (2009). It's been in the hands of the same guy for around 15 years. He did run it at a track event in 2009 and had had it for a while at that time. He's got a couple of TIII cars. When he pulled it out of the yard they misread the VIN and said it could be registered...

If it came out of a yard then it was scraped but you should still be able to get a salvaged title unless it entered the yard under special circumstances. Very odd.