When I tried to put Ford door handles on my 39 Dodge pickup, the ford mounting screws are set up for a vertical position and the truck needed the screws set up in a horizontal position. Logic says you can turn the handles 90 degrees and everything should work, but you can't move the handles in the screw holding plate 90 degrees to have to handle in the proper position. Also, there is no curve on the 39-47 Mopar truck door with the horizontal screw mounting. The screw spacing is close enough to work, but you have to grind the curve out of the Ford handle base. Also, the ford 1/4" square was too short to reach the Dodge latch, at least on the truck doors.

If anyone is interested, I have a pair of 30 Ford outside door handles with matching locks and keys with one handle modified slightly to fit a 39-47 Dodge truck door (but the handle has to sit straight up and down, not sideways. That handle can be remodifyed to fit the Ford door except the curve in the base has been ground down. I'll sell the pair with keys for $30 + shipping. PM me here if you want them. Gene