I couldn’t help but to think of Dan today while digging out parts for my next 408 build. He ran a special (group buy) years ago on some K1 Chevy journal 4 inch stroker cranks. I ordered two of them and will now finally be putting the second one to use. I think I still have one more new sets of Diamond pistons I bought at the same time. The Calais crank he ordered for me is now sitting in my 572 in my heads up car that hopefully will hit the track this year. If he was still here today he would still get a laugh about that. He tried his hardest to talk me into ordering that crank with a Chevy journal but I had a set of Crower Billet rods I wanted to use and they were Mopar sized. Well when I went to put the short block together the old school rod bolts hit the damn cam. Lol. I ordered a set of 440source rods rebalanced it, and ran it like that till I wrecked in 2010. Finally two years ago I had a local shop cut it down to Chevy sized rods so I could use my 7.150 aluminum rods. Miss you Dan and I miss the tech you added to Moparts

7B2C56B3-3D49-4635-AB7C-E6B6D89EBE3D.jpeg

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time