I have win10, it's fine, AFTER it's modded. I did a new install of Win10 Pro last night. google decrapify windows 10. Install openshell menu (free) and configure to emulate Windows 7. If you're as anal as I am, you can replace the openshell start button with any other button of your choice, I'm using the Windows 7 start button. If you want your windows 7 games back instead of the nonsense Win10 is pushing, google windows 7 games for windows 10, it's at winaero.com.

edit: If you don't want microsoft watching everything you do, do NOT use a microsoft account to sign in to Win10, use a local account. The new install I did last night made it more difficult than I recalled to set up a local user account instead of the MS account. And uninstall onedrive if you don't use it, damned thing nagged me last night until I got rid of it.

As near as I can tell, Win10 does only two things better than 7, menu on all screens and automatically resizes images to fit multiple monitors, that's it. I'm sure there's more but it's all I've found.

Second solution, install linux mint in a dual boot configuration, or put it in a virtual box use it for your online needs, switch back to Win7 for productivity or offline computing as needed.

Lastly:

Here's how to get Windows 10 for free, if you're currently running a licensed and activated copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro:

1. Go to the Download Windows 10 website.

2. Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click Download tool now and Run.

3. Choose Upgrade this PC now, assuming this is the only PC you're upgrading. (If you're upgrading a different machine, choose Create installation media for another PC, and save the installation files.)

4. Follow the prompts.

5. When the upgrade is complete, go to Settings Update & Security > Activation, and you should see a digital license for Windows 10.

It should be noted that if you have a Windows 7 or 8 Home license, you can only update to Windows 10 Home, while Windows 7 or 8 Pro can only be updated to Windows 10 Pro (the upgrade is not available for Windows Enterprise. Other users may experience blocks as well, depending on your machine). This upgrade using the media creation tool isn't meant for the general consumer, but it works for many nonetheless.

Last edited by 3hundred; 01/15/20 12:35 PM.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi