1) That was not a no-prep event.

2) That can't even be considered street racing. A race is made up of *two* automobiles.

3) It was an exhibition pass that went horribley wrong. Racing on a crowned road with curbs never seems to end well. This isn't the first time we have seen a car get loose, tag the curb, come back up the crown, try to correct and blamo into the tree/whatever. I don't even like to light up the tires on an uneven surface with any of the cars that really make hp. Too unpredictable with sticky tires.

4) I assume the car was going 80-100mph when it collided with reality. For the driver to walk away is impressive. Remember the cage is there to protect the driver most times the tech inspector doesn't pay much attention to the forward tubing. For that reason you will see a lot of fabricators try to save weight in this area, especially on a no-prep deal where they want the weight bias in the rear.

5) I don't like to race without safety crews present at this point in life. I have my family and the community around us to not only show a good example to but also if something drastic should occur your chance of say, not burning in the car when it rolls and catches fire, are probably better (unless you are in a silver Hellcat lol) at *some* sort of sanctioned venue whether it be a county road, air port or 1/8 mile start at the track.

6) Lastly, give the people on scene that actually responded some credit. They had the fire out pretty quickly. Not sure why the other 50 people were there. I sure wouldn't have been. Ten years ago sure but not today.

7) Merry Christmas! : D