Moparts

More No-Prep shenanigans

Posted By: CMcAllister

More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 06:02 PM

I know it's cool and popular, I know tracks and racers are making money, But really...WT#

https://youtu.be/Orf7obfPtdA
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 06:20 PM

Got what he deserved pulling that [censored] on a public street.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 06:46 PM

Let's be honest, it's only a mustang. There are 19 billion more just like it to be found in any walmart parking lot.
Posted By: dthemi

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 06:49 PM

I would go so far as to say mustangs are purpose built for these adventures. That, and mowing people down in car shows.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 07:00 PM

I liked the guy pulling him in when there's no line and no starter. boogie
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
I liked the guy pulling him in when there's no line and no starter. boogie

And there damn sure wasn't any "groove".

Certainly wasn't a "private" test session. Had all his friends show up to watch him total his car.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/23/19 11:38 PM

Notice how the front folded like wet cardboard. Quoting the master chassis fabricator: "B...bu... but I used the very best coat hangers!"

Nothing a year or two in prison won't cure.
Make him smarter?
No, keep him away from me.

Estimate the IQ of the bystanders, who exhibit no awareness of what the police will do when they arrive: hold everyone, impound any modified cars (for a "safety check"), and take names for the DA to present to the Grand Jury. "But I wasn't driving!". Cops don't care.
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 12:16 AM

He definitely should count his blessings as he's very lucky. Stupid is as stupid does...but for the car to come apart like that, I'd be looking for a new fabricator...
Posted By: A/MP

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 01:45 AM

Are TF,FC, PS the rage in drag racing? No. Cars that look like something you did or do drive, is. I'd say that SGMP probably has the finger on the pulse of today's drag racing scene. The "no prep" venue is really a very small part of sportsman racing. Look at the races at the popular tracks and it becomes apparent, at least to me, that spectators want something that they can relate to. Racers want a venue to race that gives them the opportunity to race as much as they want. Are tracks offering racers the best opportunity to race with reasonable convenience? When it become more difficult to run a drag stripe, let alone build a new one, then the desire to race anywhere takes over. What about these new locations that have recently sprung up with great popularity at air fields and sanctioned town roads? Considering how big the U.S. population has grown and all the other distractions in our modern world, this has to be the new wave(not necessarily the no prep phenomenon) in drag racing. Street racing on active roadways is dumb. Racing on a sanctioned street is fun and an experience. All this video illustrates that there is a desire to drag race and no one has figured out to make it work.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DusterKid
He definitely should count his blessings as he's very lucky. Stupid is as stupid does...but for the car to come apart like that, I'd be looking for a new fabricator...

How would your car handle hitting a fire hydrant at that speed?
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 03:07 PM

1) That was not a no-prep event.

2) That can't even be considered street racing. A race is made up of *two* automobiles.

3) It was an exhibition pass that went horribley wrong. Racing on a crowned road with curbs never seems to end well. This isn't the first time we have seen a car get loose, tag the curb, come back up the crown, try to correct and blamo into the tree/whatever. I don't even like to light up the tires on an uneven surface with any of the cars that really make hp. Too unpredictable with sticky tires.

4) I assume the car was going 80-100mph when it collided with reality. For the driver to walk away is impressive. Remember the cage is there to protect the driver most times the tech inspector doesn't pay much attention to the forward tubing. For that reason you will see a lot of fabricators try to save weight in this area, especially on a no-prep deal where they want the weight bias in the rear.

5) I don't like to race without safety crews present at this point in life. I have my family and the community around us to not only show a good example to but also if something drastic should occur your chance of say, not burning in the car when it rolls and catches fire, are probably better (unless you are in a silver Hellcat lol) at *some* sort of sanctioned venue whether it be a county road, air port or 1/8 mile start at the track.

6) Lastly, give the people on scene that actually responded some credit. They had the fire out pretty quickly. Not sure why the other 50 people were there. I sure wouldn't have been. Ten years ago sure but not today.

7) Merry Christmas! : D
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 03:37 PM

Clownshow!
Posted By: jughed

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 03:44 PM

Perfect ending for a stupid stunt.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by A/MP
Are TF,FC, PS the rage in drag racing? No. Cars that look like something you did or do drive, is. I'd say that SGMP probably has the finger on the pulse of today's drag racing scene. The "no prep" venue is really a very small part of sportsman racing. Look at the races at the popular tracks and it becomes apparent, at least to me, that spectators want something that they can relate to. Racers want a venue to race that gives them the opportunity to race as much as they want. Are tracks offering racers the best opportunity to race with reasonable convenience? When it become more difficult to run a drag stripe, let alone build a new one, then the desire to race anywhere takes over. What about these new locations that have recently sprung up with great popularity at air fields and sanctioned town roads? Considering how big the U.S. population has grown and all the other distractions in our modern world, this has to be the new wave(not necessarily the no prep phenomenon) in drag racing. Street racing on active roadways is dumb. Racing on a sanctioned street is fun and an experience. All this video illustrates that there is a desire to drag race and no one has figured out to make it work.

How many excuses can you make for “stupid”? It’s simple, dude: if you want to drag race, go to a drag strip.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 03:47 PM

Why not just have sand drags in mine fields?
Posted By: GY3

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

5) I don't like to race without safety crews present at this point in life. I have my family and the community around us to not only show a good example to but also if something drastic should occur your chance of say, not burning in the car when it rolls and catches fire, are probably better (unless you are in a silver Hellcat lol) at *some* sort of sanctioned venue whether it be a county road, air port or 1/8 mile start at the track.

Same here.

We did a couple of street races a few years ago and decided it wasn't worth it. Too many squirrels show up and way too much risk!

That and a '63 Dodge 330 is much easier to identify than a Fox Mustang should LEO's get involved. rant I laughed when pics showed up on Facebook of one of my races and they had the drivers face blurred. work
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 05:24 PM

A costly lesson that probably won't take...
Posted By: BradH

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roughbird72
A costly lesson that probably won't take...

And really ugly... on so many levels.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 06:51 PM

I'd be curious to see what the law thought about this little incident. You'd think they wouldn't have time to get everything loaded before they got there.
Posted By: Ray408G3Hemi

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/24/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
I'd be curious to see what the law thought about this little incident. You'd think they wouldn't have time to get everything loaded before they got there.

I think that would depend on the area, and who has who on pay role.....when I moved from Chicago back to Philly area in late 99 , me and some old friends went to down to check out what was going on, watched a 70/71 duster roll on 61st , slide in to a pole, about 1/2 hour in to the "clean up" an un marked car came up , cop got out there was a 5 min conversation, the unmarked left as they were loading the duster up on a rollback.. ....I know things are different down there now a days, but there are still some"safe places" to run

I think that tin can held up pretty good for hitting a fire hydrant, cage did it's job and the douche bag was out and walking around, I know when I use to spend time down in Philly back in the 80s, I can think of a 70 Chevelle that hit a pole on Island ave , were the driver didn't make it, at least this douche bag had a cage.
Posted By: @#$%&*!

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 12:01 AM

That's what guardrails are for, protecting trees from idiots.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 05:18 AM

There is a huge group up here in the south of Seattle that are trying to shut down Pacific Raceway Park (Old SIR Seattle International Raceway). I live 1 mile as a crow fly's from the starting line. One is my neighbor.
He came door knocking asking to sign his patition. I just said

"Dude, are you for real??? The track was built in 1959 and our houses were built in 1983... Who moved in on who??.... And, look at my Barracuda and my Little Red truck out front. Do you want me to start racing on our street out front when they shut the track down?" He just walked away.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 06:05 AM

I heard some whispers that MENSA was in town recruiting new members...........but I think they were a couple blocks over .
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 04:32 PM

Mensa !

These No Prep Queens are a hoot !

Some of their near HALF TRACK burnouts are even a bigger hOoT ! xmaseek
Posted By: astjp2

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave_J
There is a huge group up here in the south of Seattle that are trying to shut down Pacific Raceway Park (Old SIR Seattle International Raceway). I live 1 mile as a crow fly's from the starting line. One is my neighbor.

"Dude, are you for real??? The track was built in 1959 and our houses were built in 1983... Who moved in on who??.... And, look at my Barracuda and my Little Red truck out front. Do you want me to start racing on our street out front when they shut the track down?" He just walked away.

What is his name and address? Maybe we can send him personalized letters from across the country to let him know our displeasure. Does he have a face book page? Is there a home owners association? If it is a civil conversation, then maybe he can see the error of his ways?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 08:24 PM

I've seen the same thing happen on small private owned and operated airports in SO CA, the NIMBY move in to get away from housing congestion and crime and get upset with airplanes flying around the airports rant work
Some eye ball to eye ball time is in order for better conversations to occur with them to get the message across catfight grin
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 09:23 PM

Unfortunately, those types don't have any foresight nor do they care ... until someone gets killed in a street race.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/25/19 11:37 PM

Looks like they "prepped" the first 60' pretty damn good to pull that wheel stand !
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/26/19 12:29 PM

Let’s be honest... this program gives the word sHeNaNiGaNs new meaning !

A month or so ago I taped one of these programs (on my vhs machine) and when they were picking names out of the bucket at the starting line one of those apimp had his sneaker PULLED OFF HIS FOOT.

No prep ? .... fiddleSTICKS ! tsk xmaseek
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/26/19 10:34 PM

What I wonder is, did this clown have insurance? Or did they just load up the scrap and run.... letting the Tax Payers handle the costs of replacing that hydrant?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/27/19 01:17 AM

I watch that video again, how did he tear up the right front of that car that badly hitting a fire hydrant on the drivers side of that road confused
I didn't see any front brakes either on that side(passenger side, R/F), was there front brakes on that car or not work confused
My thoughts are when your putting on a Shizer show you should be able to save the car for racing later twocents
I'm lucky, I've been sideways at 85+ MPH at the tracks and on the streets, you need to act, not think, in those deals shruggy
Posted By: BradH

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/27/19 02:10 AM

What I wonder is, did this clown have insurance? Or did they just load up the scrap and run.... letting the Tax Payers handle the costs of replacing that hydrant?

Know many hard-core street racers? Ain't nobody leaving a note with their phone number on it for the authorities to contact about an insurance claim. laugh2
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: More No-Prep shenanigans - 12/27/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I watch that video again, how did he tear up the right front of that car that badly hitting a fire hydrant on the drivers side of that road confused
I didn't see any front brakes either on that side(passenger side, R/F), was there front brakes on that car or not work confused
My thoughts are when your putting on a Shizer show you should be able to save the car for racing later twocents
I'm lucky, I've been sideways at 85+ MPH at the tracks and on the streets, you need to act, not think, in those deals shruggy

And that is why we are running the Madras, Myrtle Creek, Medford triangle this year : D

All of the action and none of the insanity. Oh the events have hot food and wrenching/racing makes me hungry wrench
© 2024 Moparts Forums