Originally Posted by Stewart
Joe
The block is an odd ball too. I have 2 but I have the Bryant cranks and Carillo rods too. The blocks are cut for 1.06 lifter bushings. Also cut for roller cam bearings. The crank is built with a snout for a chevy ATI damper with belt drive for external oil pump. No provision on the crank for the oil pump drive. The block and crank are machined for chevy LS mains. That means a Gen 3 crank will nor fit. They did that to get the full 360 degree thrust bearing on #3 so the journals are different diameters and the block and cap have been cut to get the LS thrust in. There were 5 of these setups so somewhere is a crank that won't fit anything since you have the block.
Yup, I checked everything out already. 4.080” bore with LS main bearings, the roller cam bearings, and lifter bushings. It’s a neat piece, that’s for sure. I’m probably going to bag it up and put it under the bench until I figure out if I want to spend the dough to have a crank made or have a new crankshaft all welded up in order to use it.