Originally Posted by dart4forte
Talked with several shops about this. I was thinking on a 6.4 swap. First, they like to put a fresh wiring harness in the truck. Second, go the SB 727 route. You can always add an AOD later. Next, the fuel system. That needs a total upgrade. As far as exhaust you can go late model Jeep or Headers from Bouchillon. They also have motor mounts.

On the fuel system I went with a Tanks Inc universal tank relocated within the rear frame. The only thing I would have to do on a swap would change to an in-tank pump an add a return line.
I like the idea of SB727 route at first at least. Enough to overcome at first. Yes, I agree with you on fuel system. I need to get the tank from behind the seat anyway. And it does seem that Jeep SRT headers would fit well. So much research to do. I have poked around ramchargercentral and the genIII forum here. If I do this I want to do it soon and not make it a five year project. Melbourne FL is not a big market, so shops are very limited.

Magnum, I agree, while I love old school small blocks they won't touch a 6.4 nor have the smooth idle, easy starting and relative good gas mileage.

Facts are stubborn things.