Thanks for all the replies above. Wish we had a "LIKE" button on here. wink

Since I am using a 5.9 magnum block and a roller cam that is a step above a 340 Resto cam it should not be adding a lot more force on the cam gear. With 410 ci (4.040 Bore and 4.0 Stroke) I picked a Luniti Voodoo roller 219/227 @0.050 and 0.549/0.565 @ 1.6:1 rockers. Should have a nice rumble out of the two STACK's of my LRT.

The Edelbrock aluminum heads I got from Mancini are horrible right out of the box. Core shift on the exhaust ports makes it hard to gasket match but I was able to get them very close with just a little gasket sticking in the stream on 1 port on each head. Then the casting flash and boogers in the ports and the hardened valve seats have a huge step on the intakes that I had to blend down. And the oil drain back holes are small too. I am not doing a race port job on these, just a good cleaning of flash and boogers and a little blending in the pockets.

The timing chain tensioner is like I said, drilled so oil pressure from the right lifter gallery can force feed oil to the chain. All the oil passages are larger than a stock LA smallblock and I am using a blueprinted Melling 572 High volume pump. After my first oil change I am adding a dual oil filter set up but one of the filters will be a restrictive flow 2 micron bypass filter that feeds back to the timing chain cover adding more "SUPER CLEAN" oil to the chain area.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)