Originally Posted by Wax
One of those new guys helping you wasn’t from southern Arizona was he? LOL

Why didn’t the car start for the last time trial?

Why yes one of them was. Jay as usual is always a valuable asset to have around. If I could convince him to be my travel partner that would be great. No one is to blame for anything but ME. I appreciate everyone who was there to lend a hand. My son and I have a routine that seems to work well. Unfortunately he is to busy working to be able to be there much, we bounce stuff off of each other and usually with good results. I was just overthinking stuff and did something I tell other to NEVER do. Racepaks and other data loggers are great, but don't forget to "listen" to what the car is telling you.

As for why it would not start, a wire got left off. The pitfalls of towing to the lanes and being distracted. Usually when I do as much "digging" as I did looking for a "problem" that was not there, see previous statement, I fire the car up when I'm done. I did not do this just being distracted and not in the usual routine, no ones fault but mine. Had I fired the car after poking around that it would have likely been a much quicker pass(7.2X). Just stupid stuff and all my fault. Made the wrong tuning choice for Q1, made it worse Q2, would not start Q3 and went back to q1 set up for R1. Also appears my tires were done, again not listening to car as it dropped almost 3 in 60' from Q1 set up to the Q3 pass and could not run the number. Knew I was dead at about 1200' for sure. Not that at the hit when the car kicked to the right didn't clue me in. So some changes for the car are in store. Going to steel brakes being the biggest. If this was my old car I would have just dialed up a bit to make sure I could cover the number and played the game up top.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"