Moparts

One last video for the year

Posted By: Al_Alguire

One last video for the year - 11/20/19 07:04 PM

Ran my last race a couple weekends ago at the LODRS event at LVMS. Still struggling with stupid little mistakes by me..Had some new help with me and somehow I lost my brain cells and made some dumb mistakes tuning wise. Anyway here is Q1, the only video I have form the weekend. Not the best either but 7.30's here in Vegas with no barometer at just under 2300lbs is ok I guess, well for an NA BB Mopar Ill take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPp9kgj_1uo
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: One last video for the year - 11/20/19 08:25 PM

up
Posted By: tboomer

Re: One last video for the year - 11/20/19 08:26 PM

I'm glad to see you out there and going down the track Al! wave
Posted By: merpar

Re: One last video for the year - 11/20/19 08:29 PM

If that don't excite you, your wood is wet.
Posted By: tex013

Re: One last video for the year - 11/20/19 08:33 PM

that's moving along . I saw you running on dragracertv stream .

Tex
Posted By: Wax

Re: One last video for the year - 11/20/19 09:45 PM

One of those new guys helping you wasn’t from southern Arizona was he? LOL

Why didn’t the car start for the last time trial?

You still going to build something different in the near future?

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: One last video for the year - 11/21/19 05:33 AM

Nice pass, Al! Lookin' good........

Wes

Re: One last video for the year - 11/21/19 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wax
One of those new guys helping you wasn’t from southern Arizona was he? LOL

Why didn’t the car start for the last time trial?

Why yes one of them was. Jay as usual is always a valuable asset to have around. If I could convince him to be my travel partner that would be great. No one is to blame for anything but ME. I appreciate everyone who was there to lend a hand. My son and I have a routine that seems to work well. Unfortunately he is to busy working to be able to be there much, we bounce stuff off of each other and usually with good results. I was just overthinking stuff and did something I tell other to NEVER do. Racepaks and other data loggers are great, but don't forget to "listen" to what the car is telling you.

As for why it would not start, a wire got left off. The pitfalls of towing to the lanes and being distracted. Usually when I do as much "digging" as I did looking for a "problem" that was not there, see previous statement, I fire the car up when I'm done. I did not do this just being distracted and not in the usual routine, no ones fault but mine. Had I fired the car after poking around that it would have likely been a much quicker pass(7.2X). Just stupid stuff and all my fault. Made the wrong tuning choice for Q1, made it worse Q2, would not start Q3 and went back to q1 set up for R1. Also appears my tires were done, again not listening to car as it dropped almost 3 in 60' from Q1 set up to the Q3 pass and could not run the number. Knew I was dead at about 1200' for sure. Not that at the hit when the car kicked to the right didn't clue me in. So some changes for the car are in store. Going to steel brakes being the biggest. If this was my old car I would have just dialed up a bit to make sure I could cover the number and played the game up top.

Re: One last video for the year - 11/21/19 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart

Wes

Thanks Wes, runs ok for an NA Mopar I think. Just wish I could find someone to buy this or the 655 so I could go a different route with this one.
Posted By: Sammy

Re: One last video for the year - 11/21/19 06:17 PM

Nice pass. That's moving. Seems like you got a stout piece there.
2.10 1st gear?

Re: One last video for the year - 11/21/19 06:55 PM

No its just a glide with a 1.80 gear. I had a Rossler with a 2.10 but its to heavy for me to muscle around in the car so stuck the glide in. I wish it was a 3 speed be a bit quicker for sure..

Re: One last video for the year - 11/22/19 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

Wes

Thanks Wes, runs ok for an NA Mopar I think. Just wish I could find someone to buy this or the 655 so I could go a different route with this one.

Haha. Right-on. What would be your next venture if either of the two sold?

Re: One last video for the year - 11/22/19 03:05 PM

[quote=EvilB1Dart]Nice pass, Al! Lookin' good........

Wes

5" borespace.

Re: One last video for the year - 11/23/19 09:43 PM

[quote=EvilB1Dart]Nice pass, Al! Lookin' good........

Wes

5" borespace.

I knew it! LOL!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: One last video for the year - 12/02/19 08:25 PM

Nice video...thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: One last video for the year - 12/03/19 12:10 AM

What was the 60 ft times on that run in the video?
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: One last video for the year - 12/03/19 03:25 AM

Great . Video Al .. You definitely backup fast as well whistling
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: One last video for the year - 12/03/19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by WHITEDART
Great . Video Al .. You definitely backup fast as well whistling

I thought same thing........, great job Al and super cool car!

keith

Re: One last video for the year - 12/03/19 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Cab it was only 1.051. I struggle on well prepped tracks to get wheelspeed. We needed a bit more extension valving and a tad less air. First hot for me is always a crap shoot at best. My 60's are better on less stellar surfaces where we can build some wheelspeed.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: One last video for the year - 12/04/19 05:39 PM

Al, will you be there for the Spring Fling next year? Sure like to run into you and pick your brain a little. Jim

Re: One last video for the year - 12/04/19 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Cab it was only 1.051. I struggle on well prepped tracks to get wheelspeed. We needed a bit more extension valving and a tad less air. First hot for me is always a crap shoot at best. My 60's are better on less stellar surfaces where we can build some wheelspeed.
'
I have seen tires do that also shruggy

Re: One last video for the year - 12/05/19 05:15 PM

Cab its simply a LACK of power for me on a killer surface. I can change the 4 link to be a tad less aggressive to but "Shake" is only an issue when I run at divisional events. Usually we can stiffen it up enough and drop the bars and air pressure enough to overcome it. But like I said first hit is always a crap shoot. Its simply a matter of a lack of wheelspeed when the track is really good, can see it in the racepak and on video. On typical bracket prep, or the "no prep" local stuff we have the car very very loose and it works great 1.04 flat is typical in crap air for me in those conditions.

I will be here for the spring fling for sure. Not sure what ill be racing if anything but either way ill be there. We do have a long skinny car too that's quicker than the door car and a better tool for that kind of racing.
Posted By: BANDIT

Re: One last video for the year - 12/05/19 08:27 PM

Al, I bought one of them long skinny things too. LOL. Gonna bring it down along with door car. My son is going to try his hand at Vegas in the door car and I will switch to that long skinny thing. Will look for you. Jim

Re: One last video for the year - 12/06/19 01:47 AM

You and Al are giving me thoughts about naming my S/P door car "Rail Killer" devil
I know, talks cheap so I'll have beat another dozen of them before putting that name on my car whistling stirthepot grin
It is cold outside up here in central OR hence to much keyboard time grin
© 2024 Moparts Forums