Originally Posted by topside
I re-watched the exchange between he & Ferre a couple times.
At first they were shaking hands & talking, then as they parted Ferre said something that lit Torrence off.
Bearing in mind the death of a crewmember's kid and the pressure of the Countdown, I suspect Torrence's fuse was quite short.
He did apologize on camera later and subsequently had a much friendlier discussion with Ferre.

Folks upset with that deal have probably never been to a Sprint Car race laugh2
Not defending it, but I also don't get too bothered when some steam escapes...

I was more bothered by the Starter sending Beckman downtrack on a full run with Hight's car parked mid-track.
But that's a separate topic for a separate thread.

So Ferre finally told that little punk to eat poo becuse he didn't do a thing wrong and Torrence gets to [censored] slap him?

WRONG. Once again, the NHRA showed itself to be the gutless cowards they truly are.

Little baby Steve should have been fined, lost the run and suspended. And, they should have told Ferre he had a free pass to go over and whip that self entitled sissys ass.

This isn't the first time the cry baby has had a hissy fit. Act like a man for once Torrence.

Last edited by madscientist; 11/19/19 10:41 AM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston