the first thing that caught my eye when i tuned in this morning was the headline Stu had passed.
even though we all knew the end was coming, it was still a shock.
before i read through the comments, i said a few prayers and wiped away tears.
i really don't quite know what to say. thoughts and prayers to the family seem so empty when Stu was such a great, kind and giving man.
however, what else can one say at a time like this ?
he was like a brother to everyone he came in contact with, and he helped me several times with garage door problems over the years, the latest time was two years ago when he helped me pick replacement doors and openers.
last year, Stu was my "secret santa". he joked that he was going to "re-gift" to his victim, and i ripped back and forth with him on that. i don't know if it was an "arranged" pick, but as son as the package arrived, the address gave it away. the gift was a really neat pen & ink drawing of the "bullitt" cars with charlie brown driving the charger, and snoopy driving the mustang. this will be a very cherished possession for a very long time. it will remind me of Stu every day, and of that, i am greatly, greatly thankful.

Rest In Peace, Ride In Peace, and Repair [garage doors] In Peace my friend i never got to meet in person.
thoughts, condolences, and prayers to your wife and family in this time of grief.
i'm very, very sorry for your loss.
angel